- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the water, coffee and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate and butter until smooth. Stir in coffee mixture. Press plastic wrap onto surface. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and remaining cinnamon. Shape chocolate into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cappuccino Truffles
"OMG, are these good. Very rich. I doubled the recipe using Trader Joe's chocolate. Made enough so I could give them as gifts."
"So good; a bit hard to work with, but well worth it!"
"Absolutely amazing truffles!"
"I used semi-sweet chocolate rather than the dark and it was amazing. :)"
"Absolutely delicious! The recipe only makes a small amount so be sure to at least double the recipe. These are to die for and are my new favorite treat! You should try this recipe! -Julianne"
"So good! I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao for the chocolate, and only .5t cinnamon and 1T sugar for the coating. I made 46 5g truffles(a little on the small side!). With my moderations, the truffles are 30.6 cal per truffle, but if you follow the recipe exactly, they are actually 84 cal per truffle."
"These little "cookies" tasted pretty good. Had a very nice flavor. I'm making these again for a couple of different gatherings for Christmas. I'm going to use the mini baking cups so they're easier to manage as the chocolate has a tendency to start melting a bit if these are not consumed in a moderate fashion as well as in your fingers. These truffles go very well with egg nog."
"This recipe was easy to make and tasted great, but they turned out looking not as good as the picture and was difficult to handle they're not great but not the worst.We'll try a melon baller next time."
"I just made these for the first time tonight and for some reason the mixture isn't firming up enough to handle. I'm disappointed as it has been almost two hours and the mixture is nowhere near firm enough. The flavor seems good, but I'm stumped as to why it isn't handling well. I'm disappointed as it smelled so good as I was making it!"