Cappuccino Truffle Brownies Recipe
I created these brownies by combining my favorite beverage and chocolate together for a cooking contest. I was so pleased with the results, I knew the recipe was a keeper.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Whole blanched almonds
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon; stir into chocolate mixture.
- 2. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Dissolve coffee in water. Stir into cream cheese mixture. In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Beat into cream cheese mixture until blended. Spread over brownies.
- 4. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each almond halfway into glaze and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Let stand until chocolate is set. Drizzle remaining glaze over bars. Place almond in the center of each bar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 bars.
1 serving (1 each) equals 265 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC