Cappuccino Torte Recipe
Holidays are a time to spend with family and friends...it's also a chance to enjoy every bite of rich desserts like this! —Marcia Orlando, Boyertown, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- CAPPUCCINO BUTTERCREAM:
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- COFFEE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Chill.
- 2. For ganache, place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Add butter and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over crust. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- 3. For buttercream, dissolve coffee granules in hot water; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, bring brown sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add a small amount of hot mixture to egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2-5 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in dissolved coffee. Cool to room temperature.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in cooked sugar mixture. Beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy and light caramel-colored. Beat in cooled chocolate until blended. Spread over ganache layer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 5. Several hours before serving, prepare coffee whipped cream. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cream and coffee; stir until coffee is dissolved. Beat in remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 6. Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen; remove sides. Frost top of torte with whipped cream; garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 764 calories, 58 g fat (36 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cappuccino Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC