Cappuccino Torte Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- CAPPUCCINO BUTTERCREAM:
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- COFFEE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Chill.
- For ganache, place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Add butter and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over crust. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- For buttercream, dissolve coffee granules in hot water; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, bring brown sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add a small amount of hot mixture to egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2-5 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in dissolved coffee. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in cooked sugar mixture. Beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy and light caramel-colored. Beat in cooled chocolate until blended. Spread over ganache layer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Several hours before serving, prepare coffee whipped cream. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cream and coffee; stir until coffee is dissolved. Beat in remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen; remove sides. Frost top of torte with whipped cream; garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Cappuccino Torte(6)
Sort By :
I've made this twice now and both times it has turned out perfect. The texture is like silk melting in your mouth. It is a rich desert but not overwhelming. It's perfect for serving a large number of guests as a small piece goes a long way (20 people). I followed the recipe to a t and have had no issues.
This is not a quick and easy dessert to make but it's definitely worth it. It's so rich that the tiniest piece satisfies your craving for both chocolate and coffee.
Excellent, very rich dessert but I wouldn't make it again once I realized the fat grams per serving. 58 grams is huge in a little slice! But we enjoyed it as a special treat.
the recipe for the topping was the only thing that didnt set. I made my own useing cool whip instant vanilla pudding mix and the instant coffee. everyone who tried it loved it.
I agree with the previous review. The buttercream did not set up properly and had a "texture."