Cappuccino Tarts Recipe
Our Test Kitchen's tarts may be tiny but they're packed with flavor. Coffee connoisseurs will be in heaven!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, coffee granules and 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Add milk and coffee liqueur; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Spoon into tart shells. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 tart equals 39 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC