Cappuccino Mousse Recipe
Created by our Test Kitchen, this rich mousse has a hint of coffee and a pleasantly creamy texture. Make it ahead for a delightful finale.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup fat-free coffee-flavored yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add cocoa and coffee; stir until dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken.
- 2. Beat until light and fluffy. Combine yogurt and sugar; beat into gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Divide between two dessert dishes. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 125 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC