- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until dissolved; remove 1 cup and set aside. Add pudding mixes to the remaining milk mixture; beat on low speed for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. serving or trifle bowl. Layer with a third of the reserved milk mixture and pudding mixture and a fourth of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and chocolate. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
"This was very good. As specified, easy to make, looks good and tastes good. Would make it again."
"Fantastic tasting, easy trifle to make. Will definitely making again."
"I have nade this several times and it is always a big hit! If you don't think there is enough of the filling you can always just get a small container of cool whip for the top of the trifle and use all of what is in the larger container for the filling. I have never had trouble with the recipe as is! I have several friends who don't like coffee flavor anything and go back for seconds with this one!"
"Not enough "mousse" for the rest of the recipe. In fairness - cappuccino is not my favorite trifle flavor..... No, will not make it again."
"We made this for a Christmas dessert and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it and it was super easy. Definitely a new favorite amongst family and friends."