"This is the easiest trifle I've ever made, yet it looks like I spent time on it," says Tracy Bergland, Prior Lake, Minnesota. "I like to pipe whipped topping around the edge of the bowl, grate chocolate in the center and sprinkle with cinnamon. It gets rave reviews."
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until dissolved; remove 1 cup and set aside. Add pudding mixes to the remaining milk mixture; beat on low speed for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. serving or trifle bowl. Layer with a third of the reserved milk mixture and pudding mixture and a fourth of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and chocolate. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Cappuccino Mousse Trifle in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p58
Reviews for Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review