Cappuccino Mousse Trifle Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until dissolved; remove 1 cup and set aside. Add pudding mixes to the remaining milk mixture; beat on low speed for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- 2. Place a third of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. serving or trifle bowl. Layer with a third of the reserved milk mixture and pudding mixture and a fourth of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and chocolate. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 each: 166 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
"My daughter begged me to make this for her birthday. It was easy to make and a big hit at the party."
"This was very good. As specified, easy to make, looks good and tastes good. Would make it again."
"Fantastic tasting, easy trifle to make. Will definitely making again."
"I have nade this several times and it is always a big hit! If you don't think there is enough of the filling you can always just get a small container of cool whip for the top of the trifle and use all of what is in the larger container for the filling. I have never had trouble with the recipe as is! I have several friends who don't like coffee flavor anything and go back for seconds with this one!"
"Not enough "mousse" for the rest of the recipe. In fairness - cappuccino is not my favorite trifle flavor..... No, will not make it again."
"This is absolutely wonderful! Tastes out of this world and looks amazing too. I took it to a church picnic and even those that don't like coffee loved this."
"Very good and so easy, nice change from fruit. E.L.C."
"Every time I make this, I get so many compliments on it. The best part is that even a basic cook can make the trifle look just as pretty as it does in the picture."
"I've made this recipe several times, even people who don't like coffe like this desert."
"I LOVE trifles. This one is easy and tastes wonderful. Makes a change from fruit trifles."
"This was easy and very good.Everyone loved it."