Cappuccino Granita Recipe
“I served this easy frozen dessert when a friend came to lunch during a heat wave. With coffee as the starring ingredient, it was a cool treat on a scorcher of a day.” —Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups hot strong brewed coffee or cappuccino
- 1/2 cup refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
- 6 Pirouette cookies or cookies of your choice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and gelatin powder. Pour coffee over sugar mixture and stir to dissolve. Stir in creamer.
- 2. Transfer to a 1-qt. dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 4-5 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert dishes. Sprinkle with hazelnuts; serve with cookies. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 156 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC