- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups hot strong brewed coffee or cappuccino
- 1/2 cup refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
- 6 Pirouette cookies or cookies of your choice
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and gelatin powder. Pour coffee over sugar mixture and stir to dissolve. Stir in creamer.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 4-5 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert dishes. Sprinkle with hazelnuts; serve with cookies. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cappuccino Granita
Sort By :
"I made this dessert for my husband a while back and he really liked it (he puts hazelnut creamer in his morning coffee, so it was a natural for him). The recipe worked great just as printed, and was yummy without any cookies to accompany it. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Sally!"