Cappuccino Flats Recipe
These coffee-flavored cookies are so delicious most people can't believe they're made in my own kitchen instead of a gourmet bakery!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + standing YIELD:27 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Dissolve coffee in water; add to creamed mixture with egg and melted chocolate until blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Shape into two 6-1/2-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 191 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC