Cappuccino Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons instant cappuccino mix, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add warm milk, buttermilk, sugar, butter, salt and 4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine brown sugar, coffee granules and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 4. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 22-28 minutes or until golden brown. Place pan on a wire rack. In a small bowl, beat icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 436 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Cappuccino Cinnamon Rolls
"Best dough ever ! ! I love it !"
"These might possibly be the best things I've ever eaten! I had French Vanilla mix on hand, so I used that as oppose to the cappuccino mix. It was a great combo with the vanilla extract. Also, the icing needed more milk than the recipe called for. These were ooey, gooey, and delicious, everything you look for in a cinnamon roll."
"They are delicious."
"Sounds like a good dough with the buttermilk. I'm going to try these but may use cocoa powder, along with the coffee granules instead of the cinnamon."
"These are literally 'eye rolling' good! Our family loves coffee, and this recipe is a perfect combination of flavors. This recipe is a keeper!"
"We make these often for guests and have only received rave reviews. This is our favorite cinnamon roll recipe. Sometimes we add cream cheese to the frosting recipe. So delicious mixed with the cappuccino!"
"I didn't think these were any better than other cinnamon roll recipes I tried. I didn't find that the cappucino flavoring led to any improvement, so I'll just stick with "normal" cinnamon rolls in the future."
"Only cinnamon rolls I've ever made...I have no reason to make any others, these are delicious!!!"
"Best cinnamon rolls ever! I used cream cheese frosting instead of what the recipe called for, and added a little instant coffee to the milk before adding it to the sugar and cream cheese. Delicious!"
"These were awesome - I left out the coffee and increased the cinnamon in the fililng by a tablespoon."
"My family simply loves cinnamon rolls and this cinnamon roll is delicious. The only part we'd leave out is the coffee crystals as some of my family is very allergic to coffee. Other than that, they're so easy to make, we'd make them as often as we could."
"These rolls are DELICIOUS! I loved the flavor! Makes a nice size cinnamon roll."