"This rich dessert with light creamy layers looks impressive but comes together in no time," shares Gail Moineau, Murphy, North Carolina.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips, cream, corn syrup, vanilla and salt over low heat; stir until smooth. Spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add milk and brewed coffee; mix well. Add pudding mixes and instant coffee; beat until smooth. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spoon over pecans. Spread remaining whipped topping over filling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cappuccino Chocolate Pie in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p13
Reviews for Cappuccino Chocolate Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review