Cappuccino Chip Bread
"I love to cook and bake, but don't always have lots of time, so I really enjoy bread machine recipes," relates Lisa Allen from Fort Wayne, Indiana. "I hope you will enjoy this bread as much as I do! Feel free to use your favorite flavored instant coffee."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 3/4 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal
- this), add chocolate chips. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 120 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.