- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place cookies in a food processor. Cover and pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl and stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan; set aside.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in liqueur. Pour 1-3/4 cups over crust. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. For garnishes, drop remaining ganache by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined sheets; cover and refrigerate.
- Dissolve coffee granules in rum. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour, ground coffee, vanilla, molasses and rum mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over ganache. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until center is almost set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, arrange garnishes over top. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Cappuccino Cheesecake
"This is a very tasty cheesecake and disappeared quickly at the office where I work. Thank you for sharing the recipe!!"
"This cheesecake was really good and not overly difficult to make (despite the many steps). At first, I thought the coffee taste was a little strong (and I like coffee). I was afraid my coworkers might not like it but turned out they liked this one better than the simple lime cheesecake I made for the same meeting. It was a huge hit!"