- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee in water; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, melted chocolate and coffee mixture. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 brownies.
Reviews for Cappuccino Cake Brownies
"Very good. Easy to make. Great treat for the colder weather. Pretty sweet. I think next time I'll try it with 1/2 dark or bittersweet chocolate. Cinnamon was not obvious, nice subtle flavor."
"I recall making these brownies when they were first featured in Taste of Home! My adjustments were as follows: I'd used 1/4 cup boiling water. For dry ingredients, I'd used 1/2 tsp. salt along with the other dry ingredients. I'd greased and floured my baking pan used! These brownies were really good! Thank you for sharing with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"not "amazing" but very good and easy to make."
"I'm the cook, my girlfriend usually bakes but I tried these out and they were pretty easy. I used a k-cup from my Keurig for the coffee. Used a French Vanilla one and it was good. Don't really know if made any difference but they were good."
"I I didnt expect such little amount of coffee to add such flavor! Very yummy and very light! Thanks!"