If you like your sweets with a cup of coffee, this recipe is good for you! These no-nut brownies combine a mild coffee flavor with the richness of semisweet chocolate chips. They're a quick and easy dessert or anytime snack at our house. —Mary Houchin Swansea, Illinois
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee in water; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, melted chocolate and coffee mixture. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 brownies.
Originally published as Cappuccino Cake Brownies in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p27
Reviews for Cappuccino Cake Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review