Cappuccino Cake Brownies
If you like your sweets with a cup of coffee, this recipe is good for you! These no-nut brownies combine a mild coffee flavor with the richness of semisweet chocolate chips. They're a quick and easy dessert or anytime snack at our house.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee in water; set aside. In a microwave,
- melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, cream
- butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, melted
- chocolate and coffee mixture. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually
- add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.