Cappuccino Cake Brownies Recipe
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee in water; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, melted chocolate and coffee mixture. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 brownies.
1 each: 124 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cappuccino Cake Brownies
"Very good. Easy to make. Great treat for the colder weather. Pretty sweet. I think next time I'll try it with 1/2 dark or bittersweet chocolate. Cinnamon was not obvious, nice subtle flavor."
"I recall making these brownies when they were first featured in Taste of Home! My adjustments were as follows: I'd used 1/4 cup boiling water. For dry ingredients, I'd used 1/2 tsp. salt along with the other dry ingredients. I'd greased and floured my baking pan used! These brownies were really good! Thank you for sharing with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"not "amazing" but very good and easy to make."
"I'm the cook, my girlfriend usually bakes but I tried these out and they were pretty easy. I used a k-cup from my Keurig for the coffee. Used a French Vanilla one and it was good. Don't really know if made any difference but they were good."
"I I didnt expect such little amount of coffee to add such flavor! Very yummy and very light! Thanks!"
"These sound so good !Peg, How much cappuccino powder did you add ? That is what I want to do, we love cappuccino. "
"I made these and my boyfriend, who does not care much for chocolate, loved them! I made a second batch and substituted instant mocha cappucciono and I loved those!"
"These Brownies were yummy!! Not a one left. I added chopped nuts and that was good since we really enjoy nuts."
"I love the addition of coffee with the chocolate. I had to add 1/2 c. chopped walnuts. Very moist and delicious."
"I didn't think it had too much chocolate, but I did think it was too "cakey" and not as moist as other brownies."
"The slight combination of coffee and cinnamon made these brownies so yummy. I had to make a second batch as my family ate the first batch so quickly."
"I used Splenda and added some ground flax seed. Would be really good served with sugarfree icecream while it is warm. Great flavor, texture was a bit odd (I think from the flax). My picky husband eat half."
"chocolate chips are measured by weight...so 6 oz chips fills a one cup measure."
"Great brownies....love the coffee flavor!!PatK"
"Is this a typo? Shouldn't 1 cup of the chocolate chips equal 8 oz?"
"M-m-m-m, Yummy. Nice and chewie. I loved them."