Cap and Ball Cookies
The cook will have a ball decorating plain packaged cookies to create these clever confections that look like baseballs and team caps.
14 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + standing
- 2 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1 tube red decorating frosting
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate and marshmallow cookies
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies
- 12 red M&M's
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chips and shortening; stir
- until smooth. Dip sandwich cookies into mixture and allow excess to
- drip off; place on waxed paper to harden.
- Meanwhile, spread red frosting over half of the bottom of each
- marshmallow cookie; press off-center onto a chocolate wafer,
- creating a cap. (See the how-to-photo above.)
- Pipe a line of frosting where the cookies meet. Pipe stitching lines
- down sides of marshmallow cookies. Attach an M&M on top with a dab
- of frosting.
- On dipped sandwich cookies, pipe stick marks to create baseballs.
- Yield: 12 caps and 16 baseballs, 14 servings, 2 per serving.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Nabisco Pinwheels.