The cook will have a ball decorating plain packaged cookies to create these clever confections that look like baseballs and team caps.
- 2 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1 tube red decorating frosting
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate and marshmallow cookies
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies
- 12 red M&M's
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip sandwich cookies into mixture and allow excess to drip off; place on waxed paper to harden.
- Meanwhile, spread red frosting over half of the bottom of each marshmallow cookie; press off-center onto a chocolate wafer, creating a cap. (See the how-to-photo above.)
- Pipe a line of frosting where the cookies meet. Pipe stitching lines down sides of marshmallow cookies. Attach an M&M on top with a dab of frosting.
- On dipped sandwich cookies, pipe stick marks to create baseballs. Yield: 12 caps and 16 baseballs, 14 servings, 2 per serving.
Originally published as Cap and Ball Cookies in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p13
Reviews for Cap and Ball Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2010
"The cookies were huge success at work ... esp the baseball cookies."