The cook will have a ball decorating plain packaged cookies to create these clever confections that look like baseballs and team caps.
- 2 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1 tube red decorating frosting
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate and marshmallow cookies
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies
- 12 red M&M's
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip sandwich cookies into mixture and allow excess to drip off; place on waxed paper to harden.
- Meanwhile, spread red frosting over half of the bottom of each marshmallow cookie; press off-center onto a chocolate wafer, creating a cap. (See the how-to-photo above.)
- Pipe a line of frosting where the cookies meet. Pipe stitching lines down sides of marshmallow cookies. Attach an M&M on top with a dab of frosting.
- On dipped sandwich cookies, pipe stick marks to create baseballs. Yield: 12 caps and 16 baseballs, 14 servings, 2 per serving.
Originally published as Cap and Ball Cookies in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p13
Reviews for Cap and Ball Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2010
"The cookies were huge success at work ... esp the baseball cookies."