Cantonese Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil in batches. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Pour tomato sauce mixture over pork. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Add pineapple; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 231 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 889 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Cantonese Sweet and Sour Pork
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer