- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil in batches. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Pour tomato sauce mixture over pork. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add pineapple; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cantonese Sweet and Sour Pork
Sort By :
Great recipe for my pot luck at work! I did saute the onions and [red] peppers along with fresh mushrooms and everyone raved about it. Will definitely hang on to this one.
Great change in flavors. Loved it.
Nice blend of flavors; very tender pork; and quite easy to make. Family really liked it!
Just made this tonight-had mostly everything on hand. Family loved it!!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >