Cantonese Chicken Burgers Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 8 spinach leaves, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg, oil and soy sauce. Stir in the bread crumbs, peanuts, onion, carrot and garlic powder. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on buns, topped with plum sauce and spinach. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 460 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Cantonese Chicken Burgers
"This recipe is excellent. Nice Asian spin on the boring old hamburger. They are so tasty and healthy too. We love it!"
"I made it with ground turkey instead of ground chicken because that was what I had on hand, and it was great."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.