Cantonese Chicken Burgers Recipe
Ground chicken is perked up with onion, chopped peanuts and carrots for these delectable chicken burgers that can be served year-round. As Betty Carr attests from Huntsville, Ohio, “These sandwiches may take a little more work than the regular burger, but the taste is worth it.”
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 8 spinach leaves, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg, oil and soy sauce. Stir in the bread crumbs, peanuts, onion, carrot and garlic powder. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on buns, topped with plum sauce and spinach. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 460 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Cantonese Chicken Burgers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC