Ground chicken is perked up with onion, chopped peanuts and carrots for these delectable chicken burgers that can be served year-round. As Betty Carr attests from Huntsville, Ohio, “These sandwiches may take a little more work than the regular burger, but the taste is worth it.”
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 8 spinach leaves, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, oil and soy sauce. Stir in the bread crumbs, peanuts, onion, carrot and garlic powder. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on buns, topped with plum sauce and spinach. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cantonese Chicken Burgers in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p49
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cantonese Chicken Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review