Ever since I found a recipe for beer cheese dip, which my husband loves, I've made it many times. Being adventurous, I wanted to make a Mexican-style version for variety. It's perfect for tailgating, even in your living room. —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the cheese, sour cream, butter, beer, onion soup mix, garlic, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and process until smooth. Spread onto a serving plate.
- Combine salsa and apricot preserves. Spoon over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Cantina Beer-Cheese Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p206
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cantina Beer-Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2015
"My family loves dips and I am always looking for different recipes. This one seems like it has lots going on but it is so good. Everyone loved it. We will be making this again"