Ever since I found a recipe for beer cheese dip, which my husband loves, I've made it many times. Being adventurous, I wanted to make a Mexican-style version for variety. It's perfect for tailgating, even in your living room. —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the cheese, sour cream, butter, beer, onion soup mix, garlic, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and process until smooth. Spread onto a serving plate.
- Combine salsa and apricot preserves. Spoon over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Cantina Beer-Cheese Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p206
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cantina Beer-Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2015
"My family loves dips and I am always looking for different recipes. This one seems like it has lots going on but it is so good. Everyone loved it. We will be making this again"