Cantaloupe with Chicken Salad
This recipe is one of my favorite ways to eat blueberries. That delicious fruit is just one of the important crops grown here in the fertile Willamette Valley. They're grown for commercial use, but we usually pick about 60 pounds each summer for pies and other dishes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 3 cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute to equal 1-1/2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, blueberries, celery, grapes and
- almonds. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Pour over the
- chicken mixture; toss to coat. Spoon into cantaloupe halves.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 413 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.