Cantaloupe with Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute to equal 1-1/2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, blueberries, celery, grapes and almonds. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Pour over the chicken mixture; toss to coat. Spoon into cantaloupe halves. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 413 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Cantaloupe with Chicken Salad
"This was an awesome lunch for friends and family. Everyone was TOTALLY impressed! Thanks for yet another way to eat chicken!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.