Cantaloupe Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cantaloupe
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 18 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Cantaloupe Salsa
"This was a great, refreshing salsa. Something different and good on a hot summer day!"
"Sounded good - but not that great. Ended up taking most of it back home. Most did not like the orange in it.."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.