Cantaloupe Salami Salad Recipe
- 2 medium cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed salami
- 1 medium cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- 1. Cut each cantaloupe in half; discard seeds and remove melon. Cut melon into cubes; place in a large bowl. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each cantaloupe half so the shell sits level; pat dry and set aside.
- 2. Add salami and cucumber to melon cubes. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, honey and marjoram; shake well. Drizzle over cantaloupe mixture and toss to coat. Serve in cantaloupe shells. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 196 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 lean meat, 2-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Cantaloupe Salami Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.