Barbara Nowakowski from North Tonawanda, New York needs just six ingredients to toss together this unusual salad. She serves it in the cantaloupe shells for summer brunches. "It's delicious and very easy to make," she says.
- 2 medium cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed salami
- 1 medium cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- Cut each cantaloupe in half; discard seeds and remove melon. Cut melon into cubes; place in a large bowl. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each cantaloupe half so the shell sits level; pat dry and set aside.
- Add salami and cucumber to melon cubes. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, honey and marjoram; shake well. Drizzle over cantaloupe mixture and toss to coat. Serve in cantaloupe shells. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cantaloupe Salami Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p17
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cantaloupe Salami Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review