Cantaloupe Ice Pops
Your reminders to "eat your fruit" will finally stick, once kids take a lick of these mmm-melony snacks. A perfect use for over-ripe cantaloupe, these pops make a light dessert or healthy between-meal refresher.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 4 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 12 plastic cups or Popsicle molds (3 ounces each)
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- In a blender or food processor, combine the first five ingredients;
- cover and process until smooth. Pour 1/4 cup into each cup or mold;
- insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One ice pop equals 36 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.