Cantaloupe Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, apples, celery, onions and pecans. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, curry and salt; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- 2. Meanwhile, place cantaloupe on it's side; cut into six rings. Discard seeds and ends. With a sharp knife, cut off rind. To serve, place cantaloupe rings on lettuce-lined plates. Top with chicken salad. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Cantaloupe Chicken Salad
"I've made this many times. LOVE it!!could eat it every day for lunch in the summer."
"This is a nice recipe for a summer evening dinner"