Apples add sweet-tart flavor and crunch to this lightened-up chicken salad that's lovely mounded on melon rings. Writes Nancy Daugherty from Cortland, Ohio, "Curry powder gives this fruity chicken a unique flavor and golden hue."
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, apples, celery, onions and pecans. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, curry and salt; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- Meanwhile, place cantaloupe on it's side; cut into six rings. Discard seeds and ends. With a sharp knife, cut off rind. To serve, place cantaloupe rings on lettuce-lined plates. Top with chicken salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cantaloupe Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p14
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cantaloupe Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2013
"I've made this many times. LOVE it!!could eat it every day for lunch in the summer."
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2012
"This is a nice recipe for a summer evening dinner"