Apples add sweet-tart flavor and crunch to this lightened-up chicken salad that's lovely mounded on melon rings. Writes Nancy Daugherty from Cortland, Ohio, "Curry powder gives this fruity chicken a unique flavor and golden hue."
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, apples, celery, onions and pecans. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, curry and salt; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- Meanwhile, place cantaloupe on it's side; cut into six rings. Discard seeds and ends. With a sharp knife, cut off rind. To serve, place cantaloupe rings on lettuce-lined plates. Top with chicken salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cantaloupe Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p14
Reviews for Cantaloupe Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2013
"I've made this many times. LOVE it!!could eat it every day for lunch in the summer."
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2012
"This is a nice recipe for a summer evening dinner"