Cantaloupe Chicken Salad with Yogurt Chive Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the cantaloupe, chicken, cucumber and grapes; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
2 cups: 290 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cantaloupe Chicken Salad with Yogurt Chive Dressing
"I agree, becomes very soupy. You'd have to eat right away. Only was so-so in our family."
"Delicious! FYI, you can get enough cantaloupe chunks from 1 melon. I think you could probably add a touch more lime, too. But it was so refreshing and healthy for a hot summer evening! My husband had 3 helpings!"
"The combination of flavors were appealing in this recipe. However, the melon breaks down so quickly that it in turn breaks down the delicious dressing and alas,..... you have a soupy salad."