- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, peel, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, celery, grapes and onions; toss to coat. Spoon 1 cup salad mixture into each cantaloupe half; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cantaloupe Chicken Salad for Two
Sort By :
"Very good -the touch of ginger and lemon a big plus -I used rotisserie chicken and it is cantaloupe season in SD right now so this meal was quick and easy"
"I have made it twice and it is wonderful. The only change I made was that I used light mayo & light sour cream instead of fat-free. The lemon juice, lemon peel & ginger made it really tasty!"
"Cantaloupe Chicken Salad Recipe1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream1-1/2 teaspoons sugar1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel1/2 teaspoon lemon juice1/4 teaspoon ground gingerDash salt and pepper1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast1/2 cup sliced celery1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved2 green onions, chopped1 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded1/4 cup slivered almonds, toastedDirectionsIn a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, peel, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, celery, grapes and onions; toss to coat. Spoon 1 cup salad mixture into each cantaloupe half; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings."
"Very good! The essence of summer on a plate. I hate ginger, so left that out, and I forgot to include the green onions, but it was still delicious. Make sure you have a ripe, juicy cantaloupe."
"I don't see the ingredient lists. I see the diections but no ingredients"