Cantaloupe Chicken Salad for Four Recipe
For a refreshing meal, Shirley Leister fixes this simple chicken salad with sweet cantaloupe. For a different presentation, the West Chester, Pennsylvania cook arranges the melon like flower petals on a lettuce-lined plate, then mounds the salad in the center.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small cantaloupe
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir well. Cut cantaloupe in half; discard seeds. Cut into 1-in.-wide wedges; peel. Place cantaloupe on four lettuce-lined plates; sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve chicken salad alongside melon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC