- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small cantaloupe
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir well. Cut cantaloupe in half; discard seeds. Cut into 1-in.-wide wedges; peel. Place cantaloupe on four lettuce-lined plates; sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve chicken salad alongside melon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cantaloupe Chicken Salad for Four
"This salad was very refreshing and even tasted better the next day. I didn't change the recipe in any way other than adding a few more items. I omitted the lettuce for broccoli slaw mix. I added about a 1/2 lb. of seedless red grapes cut length wise as well as a half cup of chopped walnuts. I also added 1 tsp. of Worcester sauce to the mayo mix for an added flavor. I have used both chicken and salad shrimp both taste great! Thanks."
"Very good!!. And so pretty. Did the presentation with the cantaloupe like flower petals, sliced 3 strawberries in fan shape, and sprinkled with toasted almonds. I'm sure it would get raves at pot luck dinners."
"Fast, easy and tasty summer meal!"