Cantaloupe Chicken Salad
“I found this recipe several years ago, and my son and I enjoy it often. It’s just right for a cool-me-down lunch.” Ginger Sullivan - Cutler Bay, FL
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, peel,
- lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, celery,
- grapes and onions; toss to coat. Spoon 1 cup salad mixture into each
- cantaloupe half; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 350 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.