Cantaloupe Chicken-Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small cantaloupe, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, mint, lemon peel, honey, salt, pepper and pineapple juice until smooth.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the chicken, celery, red pepper, onions and pineapple. Add mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. Serve on cantaloupe wedges. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 345 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Cantaloupe Chicken-Orzo Salad
"I've made this several times and I just love it. When I made it today, I was out of plain yogurt, so I subbed FF vanilla yogurt and left out the honey and pineapple juice. I think I liked my version better than the original recipe. Very filling and tasty. And it keeps nicely in the fridge for a couple of days."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.