Too hot to cook? Then try a main-dish salad served on cool, refreshing cantaloupe wedges. Serve with a grainy muffin or hard roll and pitchers of iced tea.
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small cantaloupe, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, mint, lemon peel, honey, salt, pepper and pineapple juice until smooth.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the chicken, celery, red pepper, onions and pineapple. Add mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. Serve on cantaloupe wedges. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cantaloupe Chicken-Orzo Salad in Country Woman July/August 2006, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cantaloupe Chicken-Orzo Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review