Cantaloupe A La Mode Recipe
This special dessert is a refreshing finale to a warm weather meal.—Nancy Walker, Granite City, Illinois
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 small cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add blueberries; cook until heated through. Fill cantaloupe with ice cream; top with sauce. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup sauce).
1 serving (1 each) equals 337 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cantaloupe A La Mode
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC