- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 small cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add blueberries; cook until heated through. Fill cantaloupe with ice cream; top with sauce. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cantaloupe A La Mode in Country Woman May/June 1997, p35
Reviews for Cantaloupe A La Mode
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review