My family loves to visit a local Italian restaurant that has a wonderful dessert buffet. The cannolis are among our favorites, so I just had to come up with a quicker recipe of my own. They are best if served the same day so the wafers stay crisp.
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 12 ounces white candy coating, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, sugar and vanilla until blended. Spread 1 scant teaspoon filling on bottoms of half of the wafers; cover with remaining wafers.
- Dip each sandwich cookie halfway into candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand until set, about 10 minutes.
- Serve within 2 hours or refrigerate until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar just before serving. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cannoli Wafer Sandwiches in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p114
Reviews for Cannoli Wafer Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2015
"This is my husbands absolute favourite. They are delicious and do taste like cannoli. My only recommendation is not to try to freeze them. The cookies become mushy when thawed."