Cannoli Martinis Recipe
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 bar (3-1/2 ounces) orange-flavored dark chocolate candy bar, grated
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla; cover and chill until serving.
- 2. Place wine in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a baking sheet; brush with butter. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out. Repeat layers nine times. Cut stack in half lengthwise, then cut widthwise, forming four rectangles.
- 4. Repeat with remaining phyllo on another baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans on wire racks. Crumble baked phyllo sheets into 1/2-in. pieces.
- 5. To serve, layer 1/2 cup crumbled phyllo, scant 1 tablespoon reduced wine, 2 teaspoons grated chocolate and 2/3 cup ricotta mixture in each of six martini glasses. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate and phyllo. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 515 calories, 26g fat (17g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Cannoli Martinis
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.