Cannoli Martinis Recipe
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 bar (3-1/2 ounces) orange-flavored dark chocolate candy bar, grated
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla; cover and chill until serving.
- Place wine in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Set aside to cool.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a baking sheet; brush with butter. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out. Repeat layers nine times. Cut stack in half lengthwise, then cut widthwise, forming four rectangles.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo on another baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans on wire racks. Crumble baked phyllo sheets into 1/2-in. pieces.
- To serve, layer 1/2 cup crumbled phyllo, scant 1 tablespoon reduced wine, 2 teaspoons grated chocolate and 2/3 cup ricotta mixture in each of six martini glasses. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate and phyllo. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now