Cannoli in a Glass
Here is my guilt-free, delicious, low-fat version of a cannoli that is so simple to prepare. All you need is an elegant stemmed glass to make an impressive dessert presentation
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; cover and
- process until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon ricotta mixture
- into two parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Sprinkle each with
- pistachios; top with a cherry.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup ricotta mixture with 1 teaspoon pistachios and 1 cherry equals 293 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.