Cannoli Cupcakes Recipe
These jumbo cupcakes feature a fluffy, creamy cannoli-like filling. White chocolate curls on top are the crowning touch.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- White chocolate curls
- 1. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions. Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake according to package directions for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat 1/2 cup cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, Mascarpone cheese and extract until smooth. Fold in pistachios and the whipped cream.
- 3. Cut the top off each cupcake. Spread or pipe cupcakes with cheese mixture; replace tops. In a small saucepan, melt white baking chocolate with remaining cream over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature. Spoon over cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate curls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 cupcakes.
1 cupcake (calculated without chocolate curls) equals 786 calories, 48 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC