- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- White chocolate curls
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions. Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake according to package directions for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat 1/2 cup cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, Mascarpone cheese and extract until smooth. Fold in pistachios and the whipped cream.
- Cut the top off each cupcake. Spread or pipe cupcakes with cheese mixture; replace tops. In a small saucepan, melt white baking chocolate with remaining cream over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature. Spoon over cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate curls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 cupcakes.
Reviews for Cannoli Cupcakes
Sort By :
"This was simple and delicious. I followed the suggestion of making it a layer cake and my family LOVED it! Thank you for a great recipe."
"My friend at work wanted some cupcakes for her daughter's birthday and did not want just plain ones so I made these for her and daughter to try. Wow, they loved them and some of my co-workers also. I am making them again for her daughter's birthday."
"Everyone fell in love with these delicious cupcakes. They are easy to make."
"Instead of making the cup cakes I placed the cake mix in a 9x13 pan and iced the cake once cooled with the topping...very good and more people could share the wonderful recipe."
"If you love cannoli's, you will love this recipe.I used dark chocolate curls and everyone loved it."