Cannoli Cheesecake Recipe
- 3 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour, vanilla and orange peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cannoli Cheesecake(6)
Sort By :
Texture was horrible. was not smooth like a cheesecake should be. Taste is okay, the orange flavor is too overpowering and does not taste like any Cannoli I have ever tasted. Won't make again.
i used a smoother ricotta and also i would suggest if using regular ricotta to strain it in cheesecolth overnight. I also used crushed up cannoli shells for the crust
My Italian friend from New York said it tasted like the cannoli she had growing up.
made this cheesecake for thanksgiving(canada)30 people,not 1 person like it the texture and the taste,very disappointed throw the recipe in the garbage.
CRUST..beause it has flour, it makes it's own crust. I have seen recipes 1/2 with crust and 1/2 without and I think it is because of the flour which make what I would call an Invisible Crust.
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Hanukkah Desserts >
- Hanukkah Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >