Cannoli Cheesecake Recipe
Combining two of our favorite desserts, this is a traditional holiday treat in my Italian family. We're always certain to pass down the recipe to the next generation.—Marie McConnell, Shelbyville, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 3 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour, vanilla and orange peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 4. Refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 363 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC